Monday Oct. 31, 2016
Locally, one of the big races has been the race for the 2nd District U.S. House seat.
Rep. Jackie Walorski, a GOPer, is going after her third term, challenged by Democrat Lynn Coleman and Libertarian Ron Cenkush. Among the points of contention have been Walorski’s unwillingness to debate, outside a radio debate in a more rural part of the district, and the incumbent’s thoughts on Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump.
I helped analyze the race for WNIT, the South Bend-based public television station, in a program aired Oct. 23 that featured the three candidates (look here).
There’s a debate between Coleman and Walorski next Tuesday and more’s bound to occur ahead of Election Day, Nov. 8. But here’s some of what I’ve written of late:
- “Democratic House hopeful Coleman ready to set an example for voters,” Oct. 30, 2016. (Fellow Truth reporter Ben Quiggle handled the Walorski profile.)
- “Osceola resident Ron Cenkush making Libertarian U.S. House bid,” Oct. 30, 2016.
- “U.S. Rep. Walorski mum on Trump, focused on keeping GOP House majority,” Oct. 10, 2016.
- “U.S. Rep. Walorski, challenger Coleman denounce Trump comments,” Oct. 9, 2016.
- “U.S. Rep. Walorski’s debate decision irks Democrat Coleman,” Oct. 5, 2016.