March 1, 2019
Taxes and death — the two certainties of life.
Well, I focused a lot on taxes late last summer after property tax bills came out in Weber County and as a handful of locales considered property tax hikes. I jumped in, and, man, there were a lot of numbers to crunch. But then, I like numbers.
Here’s a look at some of the coverage:
- New Weber County property valuations reflect strong real estate market, July 29, 2018
- West Haven considers instituting city property tax for the first time, July 31, 2018
- South Ogden weighing $275K property tax hike in 2019 budget, Aug. 1, 2018
- Weber County homeowners’ property tax bills for 2018 likely heading up, Aug. 5, 2018
- South Ogden homeowners, on average, will have the biggest city property tax bills, Aug. 13, 2018
- West Haven officials reject 2019 budget after outcry against new property tax, Aug. 16, 2018
- Huntsville, Pleasant View homeowners pay the most, factoring city, fire district taxes, Aug. 22, 2018
- West Haven officials trim $860K from 2019 budget after new property tax nixed, Aug. 23, 2018
- Ogden man has questions after valuation spikes, but few answers forthcoming, Aug. 27, 2018
- Weber FD, Weber schools, Ogden, South Ogden to see biggest property tax bumps, Sept. 2, 2018